Facing off against 16 schools, Wilkey Elementary's Academic Team came in 2nd Place in Regional Governors Cup competition over the weekend.
The Bulldogs placed second in Quick Recall.
Written assessment award winners from all schools were:
- Landon Shiarella, from Wilkey, tied for 1st place, and Emilee Hall, from Caneyville, tied for fifth in Math.
- Paul Overton, from Wilkey, came in 5th place in Science.
- Landon Shiarella came in 1st place in Social Studies.
- Natalie Garrett, from Caneyville, came in 3rd place, with and Madison Stamper, from Wilkey, coming in 4th place in Language Arts.
- Michenna Meredith, from Clarkson, came in 5th place in Arts and Humanities.
- Isabella Weedman, from Caneyville, came in 5th place in Written Composition.
Clarkson Elementary earned the Hume Sportsmanship Award.
Pictured are: l – r: Wilkey Coach Andrea King, Alexis Chino, Madison Stamper, Norea Watson, Davis Parker, Landon Shiarella, Paul Overton, and Coach Lynne Dillard. Not pictured, Lukas Lee and Daniel Ratley.
(Photo courtesy of Grayson County Schools)