Saturday night at about 11:30, the Caneyville and Leitchfield Fire Departments responded to 2616 Rabbit Flat Road on the report of a house fire.
Upon arriving on the scene, firefighters found a vacant home nearly fully engulfed in flames.
It took firefighters from both departments about a little over an hour to bring the fire under control.
There was electricity running from a utility pole to the home, but the electrical box outside the home was “boxed up,” according to a Warren RECC worker, meaning it was not sending electricity to the structure. According to fire officials, though, the fire is not considered suspicious because it appeared to start near where electricity ran to the home’s electrical box.
There were no injuries reported.
By Ken Howlett, News Director
Contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org or 270-259-6000