Kentucky State Police Post 4 spokesman Trooper Scotty Sharp has released Kentucky State Police Post 4’s activity report for the month of July.
KSP Post 4 covers eight counties, Hardin, Jefferson, Bullitt, Nelson, Meade, Breckinridge, Larue, and Grayson.
Trooper Sharp reports the following actions were taken in the month of July:
- Troopers and detectives wrote a total of 1,679 citations
- KSP removed 17 drunk drivers from Kentucky roadways, and cited 430 speeders
- 104 violators were charged with failure to wear a seatbelt and eight citations were issued for failure to use a child restraint
- KSP investigated 45 car accidents and conducted 1,552 vehicle inspections
- 428 motorists were given a courtesy notice in lieu of a traffic citation for minor traffic offenses
- Troopers assisted 129 motorists stranded on Kentucky roadways and answered 942 citizen’s complaints
- Post 4 troopers opened 67 criminal cases, made 238 criminal arrests and served 103 criminal court documents
In total, Post 4 troopers, detectives and command staff logged 8,606 hours of service for Kentucky citizens.
Trooper Sharp reminds motorists that state police will conduct Road Safety Checkpoints as well as speed checkpoints throughout the eight county Post 4 coverage area for the months of August and September and throughout 2018.
By Ken Howlett, News Director
Contact Ken at email@example.com or 270-259-6000