(Leitchfield, KY) – A soldier’s home was destroyed Monday morning, Feb. 11, 2013, in Leitchfield. According to Leitchfield Fireman Tony King, Kentucky National Guardsman Brad Hall was at Fort Knox when the fire started on the back porch of his home.
King said the fire broke-out around 8:30 a.m. and was reported to Central Dispatch by Hall’s wife, who was home when the flames erupted.
The fire spread to the attic area of the single-wide mobile home that sat at 574 Kiper Road. Due to the extensive water damage, the home was a total loss.
King said a heat lamp may be the culprit of the blaze.
The American Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the family with their immediate needs.
The Leitchfield Fire Department was on-scene for almost two hours.