1. WHO GETS THE BLAME IN BUDGET FIGHT
Americans are holding Republicans primarily responsible for the partial government shutdown, but the president and Democrats don't get off easy, either.
2. OBAMA TO NOMINATE YELLEN TO REPLACE BERNANKE
She's been vice chair since 2010 and would be the first woman to head the Federal Reserve.
3. WHAT EXPERTS SAY CAUSED HEALTH WEBSITE WOES
A requirement that consumers create online accounts multiplied the volume of online transactions, overwhelming the site.
4. TRIO SHARE NOBEL PRIZE FOR CHEMISTRY
Scientists Martin Karplus, Michael Levitt and Arieh Warshel win this year's Nobel Prize in chemistry.
5. US EXPECTED TO SLASH AID TO EGYPT
Cairo stands to lose hundreds of millions of dollars in military and economic assistance as the Obama administration plans a dramatic policy shift.
6. DENVER COUPLE FACED CHARGES WITH DIFFERENT KIDS
The parents of four boys found living in filth and communicating with grunts were accused in 2006 of keeping three other children in similar conditions.
7. DIANA NYAD GETS BACK IN THE WATER
The 64-year-old who swam from Havana to Miami attempts a 48-hour swim in a NYC pool to raise money for Superstorm Sandy victims.
8. OFFICER ARRESTED IN BIKER-SUV ATTACK
An off-duty NYPD detective faces charges after he is seen on video hitting and kicking an SUV after a group motorcycle ride spiraled into violence.
9. CHRIS CHRISTIE DOESN'T RULE OUT WHITE HOUSE BID
Asked about his political future, the N.J. governor replies, "I am not going to declare tonight ... that I am or I'm not running for president."
10. RED SOX MAKE IT TO THE ALCS
Boston beats Tampa Bay 3-1 in Game 4 and will face the winner of Thursday's Detroit-vs.-Oakland game.