[ Connect with K105 ]

Posted: Tuesday, 20 May 2014 10:54PM

Pharris Road home sustains heavy fire and smoke damage

The Leitchfield Fire Department and EMS personnel responded to a house fire at 407 Pharris Road around 8:30 on Tuesday night. When firefighters arrived at the scene, smoke was billowing out of the home, especially on the backside of the house in the basement area, where a gas fireplace is located.

Although the fire was confined to the basement and chimney of the structure, the home took heavy smoke damage throughout.

No one was in the residence when the fire started. A neighbor, the homeowner’s uncle, arrived at his house and noticed heavy smoke coming from the residence. He immediately called 911, and the home’s owner, who was up the street at her sister’s house.

Firefighters continued to beat back localized “hot spots” in the area of the chimney for well over an hour, and finally cleared the scene at 10:49.

No injuries were reported.


Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Listen Live:
K105 Videos
K105 Photos
More Videos