The Leitchfield Fire Department responded to a call from the Food Pantry located at 125 East Market Street on Tuesday afternoon just after 3:00. Upon arrival, firefighters discovered a smoldering outlet which had a refrigerator and freezer plugged into it.
Fire Chief Jerry Schlosser reported that the wiring in the building is old, resulting in the overloaded circuit. Firefighters pulled the plug-in out of the wall, separated the wires and turned the breaker off in an effort to ensure no more incidents would occur.
Firefighters cleared the scene within 30 minutes with no reports of injuries.