[ Connect with K105 ]
Keyword
 Follow 
Share

Posted: Wednesday, 18 June 2014 7:49PM

Utility pole encasement cracks, causing sparks and flames



Firefighters battling a mobile home fire on Eveleigh Road were called to the scene of as electrical fire on a Kentucky Utilities pole at the intersection of Mill Street and Lee Avenue about 5:25 on Wednesday night.

One truck was dispatched to the scene from the Eveleigh Road fire (see details of the fire on the K105 Home and Facebook pages).

The under-arm mount of the electrical line, encased in porcelain housing at the top of the utility pole, became separated from one another due to the porcelain cracking.

The results of the separation were intense sparks and “flame ups” on top of the pole due to electricity demands placed on the device.

Warren RECC personnel were at the scene until KU officials arrived at 6:40. There was no major interruption of electrical service prior to KU officials replacing the damaged parts.
 

Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
 Follow 
Share
Listen Live:
K105 Videos
K105 Photos
 
More Videos