Kentucky State Police 4 in Elizabethtown has released its activity report for the month of November.
According to KSP spokesman Scotty Sharp, Post 4 Troopers and Detectives:
- Wrote 456 speeding citations and made 55 drunk driving arrests. Troopers gave 453 motorists courtesy notices in lieu of traffic citations.
- Opened 44 criminal cases and made 416 criminal arrests
- Investigation 56 vehicle accidents
- Charged 57 people with failure to wear a seat belt and issued six citations for failure to use a child restraint device
- Assisted 126 stranded motorists and answered 785 citizen complaints
- Were involved in 639 special details and conducted 19 community programs that reached over 2,502 citizens of the Commonwealth.
- Conducted 51 school and business security checks throughout the entire Post 4 area.
- Logged 7,155 hours of service for the Kentucky citizens we served.
Sharp said KSP Post 4 will perform Road Safety Checkpoints as well as Speed Checkpoints throughout the eight county Post 4 coverage area for the remainder of December and into 2020.
By Ken Howlett, News Director
Contact Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org