The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused cancellations all across the U.S. Locally, we are covering the stories as they happen. Here is an up-to-date list of our stories about COVID-19. This page will be updated as more stories come in as will our social media channels.
July 2, 2020
July 1, 2020
- Latest Grayson Co. COVID-19 case tied to Myrtle Beach, SC
- 220 new COVID-19 cases in KY. One new case is 8-month-old baby.
June 30, 2020
June 29, 2020
- 383 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. Total cases eclipse 15,000.
- Fewer than 120 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. All KY counties now have at least one case of the virus.
June 26, 2020
- Zero new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. this week. Only five cases reported over last three weeks.
- Kentucky health officials issue COVID-19 warning to anyone who traveled to Myrtle Beach
June 25, 2020
- GC Health Department to update county’s COVID-19 numbers on Friday
- 280 new COVID-19 cases, eight new deaths. Cases approach 15,000 in KY.
- After nearly 4 months, nursing home, assisted living facilities to reopen to in-person visitors
June 24, 2020
- Long-awaited school reopening guidance released by KY officials
- 14,363 COVID-19 cases in KY. Officials say recent cases tied to out of state travel
June 23, 2020
- After seven day average of 180 new COVID-19 cases, Kentucky reports 315 new cases on Tuesday. One Grayson Co. coronavirus death ruled non-virus-related.
June 22, 2020
- COVID-19 cases in Kentucky now number 13,750. Beshear says, ‘we still have a long way to go.’
- 90 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. No new deaths.
June 20, 2020
June 19, 2020
- Only one new COVID-19 case in Grayson Co. Death toll remains at 11.
- Over 250 new coronavirus cases in Kentucky. State’s total nearing 13,500.
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases increase state’s total to 13,197
- McConnell Announces Baptist Health Receives CARES Act funding for Telehealth Upgrades at Eight Kentucky Hospitals
June 17, 2020
- After 25 COVID-19 cases diagnosed at Grayson Co. Detention Center since May 13, only two remain active
- 170 new COVID-19 in KY. Beshear cites cases exploding in Arizona as reason to praise Kentuckians.
- Study: Steroid improves COVID-19 survival rate
June 16, 2020
- Nearly 13,000 COVID-19 cases in KY. Three counties account for 48 percent of Tuesday’s new cases.
- COVID-19 breakdown by age: Victims 70 and over represent 16 percent of COVID-19 cases in KY, nearly 75 percent of deaths
- 6 new deaths push Kentucky past 500 COVID-19 fatalities. 205 new cases reported.
- Outbreak spurs mass COVID-19 testing at women’s prison
June 15, 2020
- After having only 4 new cases of COVID-19 in Grayson Co. over last two weeks, 4 new cases reported Monday
June 14, 2020
June 12, 2020
- One new COVID-19 death in Grayson Co. Only four new cases reported over last two weeks.
- Over 300 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. Death toll approaches 500.
- Only 69 new COVID-19 cases reported in Kentucky. Low number due to ‘backlog in the federal system.’ Nine new deaths.
June 11, 2020
June 10, 2020
- Three new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. Three more detention center inmates have recovered.
- COVID-19 cases in KY nearing 12,000. 65 percent of fatalities nursing home residents or staff
June 9, 2020
- Roller coaster continues as nearly 250 new COVID-19 cases reported in KY
- CDC survey: Nearly 40 percent of respondents report misusing cleaning products, including using bleach on food, gargling bleach solutions to prevent COVID-19 transmission
June 8, 2020
- Zero new COVID-19 cases reported in Grayson Co. over the weekend. Detention center updates virus numbers.
- After week of rising COVID-19 numbers in KY, fewer than 200 new cases confirmed over two day period
June 7, 2020
- Over 600 new COVID-19 cases reported on Friday, Saturday. Four-day average nearly 300 cases per day.
June 5, 2020
- Elderly Grayson Co. man dies of COVID-19. Only one new confirmed case of virus in county this week.
- Church whose pastor threatened to sue Beshear over banning in-person services has COVID-19 outbreak
June 4, 2020
- Nearly 300 new COVID-19 cases in KY. Eight new deaths, including Grayson Co. man.
- Kentucky Hospitals to Receive $1.8 Million for COVID-19 Research
June 3, 2020
- Jailer Jason Woosley releases update on COVID-19 victims at Grayson Co. Detention Center
- Only one new COVID-19 case confirmed in Grayson Co. over last two days
- Over 250 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, eight new deaths, including nine-month-old baby
June 1, 2020
- One new COVID-19-related death in Grayson Co. Two new cases reported.
- COVID-19 cases top 10,000 in Kentucky, 439 deaths
May 31, 2020
- 530 COVID-19 cases reported on Friday, Saturday. Victims 70 and over account for 17 percent of cases, 76 percent of deaths.
May 29, 2020
- Only 113 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. Pools and KY Kingdom to reopen in late June.
- No new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. Only 3 new cases since May 21.
- COVID-19 surge in Kentucky, as nearly 300 new cases reported Friday. Nine new deaths also announced.
May 28, 2020
- One new case of COVID-19 in Grayson County, only three cases over last seven days
- KHSAA gives update on COVID-19 practices; cancels summer Dead Period
- Regional breakdown of COVID-19 cases. Warren Co. remains hot spot.
May 27, 2020
- COVID-19 cases trending down in KY as 387 new cases reported over 3 day period. Now 8,951 cases in state.
- Nursing homes continue to be hot spot of coronavirus activity, account for nearly 56 percent of state’s deaths
- McConnell says another round of relief possible, stops short of committing
- Mitigation in Grayson Co. appears to be working as zero new COVID-19 cases reported
- 127 new cases of COVID-19 in Kentucky as the state’s confirmed cases on a steep decline
May 26, 2020
May 22, 2020
- In final scheduled briefing, two new cases of COVID-19 reported in Grayson Co. Henderson praises GC Detention Center.
- Only 135 new cases of COVID-19 in Kentucky. In-home childcare programs to reopen June 8, center-based June 15.
- Restaurants allowed to reopen with strict limitations and guidelines
- GC Circuit Court Clerk offers reminders to teens waiting to take permit test
- Grayson County Schools wants parents’ feedback on Non-Traditional Instructional Days
May 21, 2020
- 30 COVID-19 deaths in two days in Kentucky. State testing over 6,000 nursing home residents, staff.
- Jury trials postponed until at least August 1. Grand jury proceedings to begin soon.
- Inmate at Grayson Co. Detention Center only new case of COVID-19 in county
- Kentucky’s jobless rate surges to 15.4 percent
May 20, 2020
- Record-high 20 COVID-19 deaths in KY on Tuesday, including three in Edmonson Co.
- Grayson County Schools serves over 100,000 meals to students during pandemic
- Four Kentucky children treated for rare syndrome related to coronavirus. CDC issues information, guidance.
- Two new cases of COVID-19 in Grayson Co. Now 128 cases in the county.
- Army Corps of Engineers issues key details for Rough River Lake reopening
May 19, 2020
- Kentucky’s COVID-19 cases nears 8,000. 35 percent of victims listed as recovered.
- Beshear appoints Mark Carter to lead implementation of expanded contact tracing program
- Two nursing home staff members, one detention center inmate test positive for COVID-19. Grayson Co. now with 126 cases.
May 18, 2020
- After 3 more inmates test positive for COVID-19, Jailer Jason Woosley offers details regarding virus mitigation in the detention center
- Grayson Co. Clerk’s Office offering some in-person services by appointment
- Over 7,600 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 1,386 victims in 91 long-term care facilities
- Warren Co. continues to experience surge in COVID-19 cases
May 17, 2020
May 16, 2020
- Over a dozen Grayson Co. Detention Center inmates test positive for COVID-19. County now has 118 cases.
May 15, 2020
- No new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. Woosley offers update on GC Detention Center mitigation efforts.
- Over 250 new COVID-19 cases in KY. Most state parks to reopen June 1.
May 14, 2020
- 10-year-old Kentucky child suffering from syndrome possibly related to COVID-19 comes off ventilator
- Beshear says state’s unemployment insurance fund will soon need cash infusion
- 2 more Grayson Co. residents die after contracting COVID-19. Both deaths related to nursing home.
- 199 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. $1.37 billion in jobless claims paid.
May 13, 2020
- Need a mask? Visit the Grayson County Mask Facebook page.
- Protesters sue, Beshear says many rally leaders ‘don’t believe this thing is real’
- First two COVID-19 cases at the Grayson County Detention Center. County now has 101 confirmed cases of the virus.
- Now over 7,000 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky as 227 new cases reported. Warren Co., with 70 new cases, becoming coronavirus ‘hot spot.’
May 12, 2020
- 2 more cases of COVID-19 in Grayson Co., including first Walmart employee
- Kentucky child on ventilator with syndrome related to coronavirus
- Cameron joins coalition asking for investigation into China hiding severity of COVID-19
- Nearly 200 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 10 new deaths
- 10-year-old on ventilator with possible COVID-19-related syndrome improving. Health officials release symptoms to watch for in children.
May 11, 2020
- 3 new COVID-19 cases in Grayson County, including first Spring View Nursing & Rehab employee
- Baldwin reveals details of Saturday’s GCHS Class of 2020 Senior Send-Off Parade
- COVID-19 cases approach 6,700 in Kentucky. Emerging syndrome in children, 400 positive tests at Central City prison.
- GC Judge-Exec. Kevin Henderson, GC Health Dept. Director Josh Embry earn praise for handling of COVID-19 pandemic
May 10, 2020
May 9, 2020
- 6,440 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. Beshear offers guidance on safely holding in-person worship services.
- Court issues temporary restraining order allowing in-person religious services that ‘adheres to applicable social distancing and hygiene guidelines’
May 8, 2020
- Henderson honors county’s latest fatal COVID-19 victim, celebrates five nursing home residents out of quarantine
- Requirements for reopening segments of state’s economy, faith leaders offer support for Beshear’s reopening guidelines
- Central Kentucky Community Action receives $1.6 million to offset costs during pandemic
May 7, 2020
- One new COVID-19 case, one new death reported in Grayson Co.
- Brownsville nursing home feels brunt of COVID-19 as five new deaths reported on Thursday
- 208 new cases of COVID-19 raises state’s total to over 6,100. Second phase of reopening economy announced.
- Department of Education asks districts to be flexible when planning school calendar
May 6, 2020
- Two new cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in county, both Grayson Nursing & Rehab residents
- Social distancing proving difficult in meat processing plants as Perdue Farms in Ohio Co. averaged 20 positive cases per day for eight days
- Green River Correctional Complex’s 309 newly confirmed COVID-19 cases leads to record-breaking day in Kentucky
- 159 new cases of COVID-19 in Kentucky, 283 deaths
- National Guard to assist with June 23 Primary Election. Beshear amends executive order restricting travel.
May 5, 2020
- 3 new COVID-19 cases confirmed in Grayson Co. 76 percent of county cases arise from nursing homes.
- Beshear reports over 5,200 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, offers details on reopening businesses
- Grayson Co. Schools serve nearly 85,000 meals since school closure. Will continue meal delivery program until May 15.
- Federal judge rules against Beshear travel ban, says ban needs ‘minor amendments’
- Grayson Co. Board of Education expresses gratitude to district employees for performance during pandemic
- Beshear responds to politicians in western Kentucky planning demonstrations urging governor to reopen state
May 4, 2020
- 11 new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. 9 new cases tied to nursing homes.
- KY Dept. for Public Health: Grayson Co. records 4 new COVID-19 cases over the weekend. Central City prison reports 70 new cases in two days.
- Farmer’s Market will open May 30 with Covid-19 Guidelines
- BREAKING NEWS: State senators, reps west of I-65 planning demonstrations to urge Beshear to reopen economy, save rural areas from financial collapse
May 3, 2020
May 2, 2020
- Breakdown of COVID-19 cases in region shows nursing homes continue to explode with cases
- Federal appeals court declines to block Beshear’s temporary ban on in-person church services
May 1, 2020
- 6 new cases of COVID-19 in Grayson County, including 3 nursing home residents
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center needs healthcare professionals to help care for patients
April 30, 2020
- 2 more COVID-19 deaths in Grayson Co. Four residents of Spring View Nursing & Rehabilitation test positive.
- Honoring two more pillars of the Grayson County community who have lost their battle with COVID-19
- 4,708 cases of COVID-19 in KY, 240 deaths. Beshear updates 600,000 SNAP recipients on online purchasing options.
April 29, 2020
- For second day in a row, Grayson Co. resident dies from COVID-19
- University study: Restrictions spared Kentucky from higher virus rates
- Beshear unveils details on reopening of Kentucky businesses. COVID-19 cases near 4,600 with 235 deaths.
- Kentucky AG threatens lawsuit if Beshear doesn’t allow in-person church services
April 28, 2020
- Henderson announces elderly COVID-19 victim has died. 63 coronavirus cases in Grayson Co.
- Grayson County Alliance sees large increase in food insecure families served during COVID-19 pandemic. May food distribution schedule released.
- Beshear shares 10 rules to reopening economy as businesses plan to restart
- Beshear ‘very, very strongly recommending’ people wear masks as economy reopens. 4,375 COVID-19 victims in Kentucky, 225 deaths.
April 27, 2020
- One new COVID-19 case confirmed in Grayson Co. 61 cases in county, 75% from nursing homes
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center responds to two employees testing positive for COVID-19
- CDC adds six new symptoms for COVID-19
- Army Corps of Engineers-managed state park campgrounds closed at least through May 31
- Beshear says people entering businesses will need to wear mask beginning May 11. Gov. says 4,146 COVID-19 victims in KY.
April 26, 2020
- Now 60 COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. 12 new cases tied to nursing home or Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center.
- Over 4,000 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 208 deaths
April 25, 2020
- Five new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. Spring View Nursing & Rehab reports first case of virus.
- Over 3,900 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky. 22.4% of total cases, 46% of deaths arise from nursing homes.
April 24, 2020
- GC Health Department says guidelines for monitoring COVID-19 cases have changed
- Beshear Executive Order: Kentuckians to vote by mail in 2020 Primary Election
- Nearly 25 percent of state’s workforce files for jobless benefits
- 17 new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. Now 43 cases, 32 connected to Grayson Nursing & Rehab.
- Largest one day increase in COVID-19 cases raises Kentucky’s total to 3,779 victims. 200 deaths now blamed on the virus.
April 23, 2020
- Henderson reports 2 new COVID-19 cases, both Grayson Nursing & Rehab staff. Judge says pump the brakes on criticism of nursing home.
- Nearly 3,500 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 191 deaths. Healthcare services to reopen Monday.
- Woosley praises staff, notes steps taken to limit COVID-19 cases in Grayson County Detention Center
- Beshear to begin ‘phased restart’ of healthcare services. Testing continues to expand.
April 22, 2020
- 6 new COVID-19 cases in Grayson Co. All women, all connected to Grayson Nursing & Rehab
- 650 COVID-19 cases, 71 deaths in Kentucky nursing homes
- 181 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 14 deaths reported over previous 24 hours
April 21, 2020
- 2 more COVID-19 cases confirmed in Grayson Co. Both connected to Grayson Nursing & Rehab.
- COVID-19 cases top 3,200 in state, 17 newly reported deaths. Beshear reveals Healthy at Work strategy for reopening economy.
- School officials to put together ‘game plan’ for prom, graduation after meeting with GCHS senior class leadership. Instructional days end May 6.
- Henderson says he will host daily COVID-19 briefings this week
- Action Needed for Social Security Beneficiaries with Dependents and Who Do Not File Tax Returns to Receive $500 Per Child Payment
- KHSAA cancels high school spring sports season
April 20, 2020
- William Dean Smith: War hero, mentor, teacher, and possessing the wisdom to give second chances
- Nearly 3,000 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 148 deaths
- Grayson Co. Schools continue to be #GraysonCountyStrong by delivering over 55,000 meals to students
- School cancelled for the year. NTI Days to continue.
- 6 new COVID-19 cases diagnosed in Grayson Co. All from Grayson Nursing & Rehabilitation.
- Non-essential Leitchfield business served with cease and desist order. County attorney offers thanks to compliant businesses.
- Beshear reports COVID-19 cases top 3,000. Gov. recognizes loss of William Dean Smith.
April 18, 2020
- 2 more COVID-19 cases diagnosed in Grayson Co. Eighth and ninth cases in last eight days, 12th overall.
- Over 200 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, seven new deaths
April 17, 2020
- First COVID-19 related death in Grayson County; Two more positive cases
- Beshear says 134 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, eight new deaths. Gov. discusses benchmarks to begin reopening economy.
- Beshear, with other state leaders, coordinating plans to reopen economies
April 16, 2020
- Grayson Manor staff member tests positive for COVID-19. Fifth case in six days in Grayson Co.
- 103-year-old Hopkins Co. woman beats COVID-19
- Bullitt Co. church files federal lawsuit claiming Beshear violated their religious freedom
- Social Security recipients to receive ‘economic impact payment’
- 159 new COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, including 10-day-old baby. Four new testing sites announced.
April 15, 2020
- Breaking News: Seventh Grayson Co. resident tests positive for COVID-19. Fourth county resident to test positive since Saturday.
- Grayson Co. nursing home resident tests positive for coronavirus
- Comparing COVID-19 numbers for seven county region
- Kentucky Colonels donate $1 million to Team Kentucky Fund. State paid $289 million in benefits in last month
- KY Supreme Court expands inmate release program, extends no in-person proceedings order
- Beshear announces 88 new COVID-19 cases, seven new deaths as protestors, organized by Matt Bevin supporter, demand businesses reopen
April 14, 2020
- 2,210 COVID-19 cases in Kentucky, 11 new deaths, including first nursing home worker
- Prosecutor Jeremy Logsdon says ‘We cannot suffer bullying’ as he promises to prosecute anyone falsely reporting COVID-19 non-compliance
- UPS donates 16,000 masks to Kentucky. Field hospital ahead of schedule.
- Guthrie details how CARES Act impacts Kentuckians
April 13, 2020
- Judge-Executive Kevin Henderson squashes unfounded rumors, gossip concerning Grayson Co. COVID-19 patient. ‘We’re better than that,’ Henderson said after patient receives threats.
- COVID-19 cases now over 2,000. Kentucky’s fatality rate considerably higher than rest of U.S.
- Dr. Steven Stack on gatherings: Choices have implications for others. Drive-thru testing partnership could ‘almost double’ COVID-19 testing.
April 12, 2020
- Fifth Grayson Co. resident diagnosed with COVID-19
- Morgantown Care & Rehab Center announces over 50 COVID-19 cases at facility
- Kentucky’s COVID-19 cases nearing 2,000, 97 deaths
- Most KY churches abandon in-person Easter services. KSP records 50 license plates outside Maryville Baptist.
April 10, 2020
- Beshear: Attend mass gathering, face 14-day quarantine as nearly 1,700 COVID-19 cases reported in KY, 90 deaths
- KY Attorney General says drive-thru church services allowed after Louisville mayor bans the activity
- ‘God has moved a mountain.’ Dennison off ventilator.
- More than 275,000 Kentuckians seek jobless aid in 3 weeks
April 9, 2020
- Over 200 COVID-19 cases reported Wednesday, eight deaths. Beshear urges no mass gatherings over Easter weekend.
- Calling Beshear ‘stupid,’ defiant Bullitt Co. preacher to hold in-person Easter service
- Leitchfield Water Treatment Plant Supervisor remains in ICU after COVID-19 diagnosis
- Grayson Co. COVID-19 briefing highlights sacrifice, risk made by frontline healthcare workers
- Beshear: 134 new COVID-19 cases, six new deaths. Two of the deaths tied to Hopkins Co. revival services.
April 8, 2020
- Third Grayson County resident tests positive for COVID-19
- GC Judge-Executive Kevin Henderson with COVID-19 update
- GC Alliance fighting hunger amidst COVID-19 pandemic as more families now qualify. Free tax filing service offered.
- Sen. Rand Paul, recovered from coronavirus, volunteering at Bowling Green hospital
- Muhlenberg Co. initiates curfew. Hopkins Co. has 73 COVID-19 cases. Roundup of surrounding counties’ victims.
- John Calipari launches child-focused COVID-19 relief effort with “Coffee with Cal” Facebook series
April 7, 2020
- That’s Incredible: Grayson County Schools deliver over 9,000 meals on Monday
- Leitchfield Mayor Rick Embry says city doing ‘very well’ handling crisis. Urges people to not go out unless it’s necessary.
- It’s official, Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center to transfer critical COVID-19 patients to Owensboro hospital
- GC Judge-Exec. Kevin Henderson COVID-19 update: Patient at Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center tests positive, testing numbers, issues at the lakes, and a shout-out
- COVID-19 cases in Kentucky increase to 1,149 with 65 deaths. New cases in Ohio, Breckinridge counties. Long-term care facilities hit hard.
April 6, 2020
- COVID-19 cases top 1,000 in KY with 59 deaths. Beshear issues call to action. One pastor to non-compliant preacher, use your ‘consecrated common sense.’
- Robinson, Hodges update students, parents on NTI packets, graduations, meal pick up dates
- Central Kentucky Cares activates disaster relief fund. Donations are tax deductible.
April 5, 2020
- COVID-19 cases increase to 955 in Kentucky, with 45 deaths. Beshear, ‘We’re going to have to start cracking down’ on those who don’t comply.
- Greenville’s mayor initiates curfew for people younger than 18
April 4, 2020
- COVID-19 cases near 1,000 in Kentucky. Louisville ‘pastor’ places flock in mortal danger by holding church services.
April 3, 2020
- Deadly day as 11 new COVID-19 deaths reported. Beshear expands travel restrictions.
- GC Sheriff’s Office to help deliver prescriptions. Pep talk from Chaffins.
- Kentucky State Parks suspending overnight stays
- Kentucky to release non-violent inmates susceptible to COVID-19
- Wear a mask or not? Health organizations, infectious disease experts offer their opinions
- COVID-19 cases at 831 in Kentucky, with 37 deaths. Edmonson Co. now has five confirmed cases.
- Leitchfield PD thanks the Grayson Co. community for outpouring of support during COVID-19 pandemic
April 2, 2020
- Local COVID-19 update: Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center offers drive-thru testing. Nearby hospitals to be used as ‘critical care’ facilities.
- Leitchfield Water Treatment Plant Supervisor tests positive for COVID-19
- Ohio Co. has first two confirmed COVID-19 cases. Judge-Exec praises residents for following guidelines.
- KY Supreme Court suspends in-person services at court facilities
April 1, 2020
- Surge in nearby Hopkins Co. COVID-19 cases blamed on church that refused to follow social distancing mandate. State now has 680 cases, 20 deaths.
- ALERT: Grayson County HS seniors may pick up graduation garb at the high school
- KHSAA indefinitely suspends high school spring sports seasons
- Businesses may receive COVID-19 relief loans as soon as Friday
March 31, 2020
- COVID-19 cases in Kentucky nears 600 as state sets record for daily increase in cases, deaths
- GC Judge-Executive Kevin Henderson with COVID-19 update. Comparing KY’s coronavirus numbers to bordering states.
- State, federal law enforcement warns of coronavirus relief scam
- KY congressman who sought to slow coronavirus relief package takes in fundraising haul
March 30, 2020
- Beshear bans out of state travel as COVID-19 cases approach 500. Edmonson County records first two cases of coronavirus.
- COVID-19 cases surpass 400 in KY. Nearby Hopkins Co. confirms 14 new cases over weekend.
- Grayson County Sheriff’s Office closes office. Chaffins says ‘We are still enforcing the law.’
- GC Circuit Court Clerk updates office operations impacted by COVID-19 pandemic
- Grayson County Schools eliminating on-site food pickup services
March 28, 2020
- Kentucky’s COVID-19 cases increase by 92, with nine deaths. Butler Co. has first confirmed case.
- Leitchfield, Grayson Co., Clarkson officials close parks after people continued to congregate
- At Gov. Andy Beshear’s request, Kentucky to receive federal aid to help fight COVID-19 pandemic
March 27, 2020
- Sen. Steve Meredith on COVID-19, upcoming budget talks
- Kentucky lawmakers coronavirus relief measure
- Grayson Co. Schools to distribute more Non-Traditional Instruction Day materials
- Kentucky’s COVID-19 cases increase by 54, with two more deaths. Beshear says stay away from Tennessee.
March 26, 2020
- Kentucky’s COVID-19 cases increase by record-setting 50, total now 248. Deadliest day yet in U.S.
- Feeding Grayson County’s children: School district has served nearly 14,000 meals in nine days
- Unemployment claims in Kentucky skyrocket
- 7 cases of coronavirus diagnosed in Muhlenberg Co. this week
- Officials warn of multiple COVID-19-related scams
March 25, 2020
- 35 new cases of COVID-19 in Kentucky, raising total to nearly 200. Beshear tightens restictions
- 2 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Grayson County, nearly 200 cases in Kentucky
- BREAKING: Grayson County has first positive case of COVID-19
- Deadly serious Grayson Co. Attorney says self-isolation after COVID-19 testing is key to stopping virus, promises forced quarantine order for those who do not comply
- Beshear signs bill giving relief to schools due to coronavirus
- Major farm credit firms offer help to Kentucky farmers during virus crisis
March 24, 2020
- Beshear ordering non-life-sustaining businesses to cease in-person traffic as 163 COVID-19 cases diagnosed in KY
- Grayson County officials hold briefing to update impact of COVID-19 on local area
- Paul, positive for coronavirus, criticized for not self-quarantining after COVID-19 test
- 2 COVID-19 cases confirmed in Muhlenberg Co. apparently not yet counted in state’s total
March 23, 2020
- COVID-19 cases nearly doubled in three days as Kentucky’s total is now 124, with four fatalities
- Human rights, other groups urge release of inmates due to COVID-19 concerns
- During demanding week, Grayson County Alliance receives helping hand from law enforcement distributing food items
- Kentucky State Parks remain open
March 22, 2020
- Beshear orders ‘non-essential in-person retail businesses’ closed. Now 103 victims of COVID-19, three deaths.
March 20, 2020
- 63 cases of COVID-19 diagnosed in Kentucky, including Hardin Co. child
- Beshear recommends schools close until April 20. Robinson issues one-call announcing extended closure.
- KY lawmakers approve emergency relief package for schools
- Funerals in Kentucky limited to immediate family
March 19, 2020
- 12 more victims of COVID-19 identified in state, including another juvenile
- Grayson Co. Schools breakfast, lunch programs serves over 3,000 meals in two days
- L’field City Hall closes to foot traffic, L’field Utilities to cease ‘shutoffs’
- Treasury proposal: Deliver $500B to Americans starting in April
- New procedures to file unemployment claims
March 18, 2020
- Leitchfield Mayor Rick Embry declares state of emergency
- COVID-19 cases now number 35 in Kentucky, including eight-month-old baby
- Essential contact information for local officials as the community faces COVID-19 pandemic
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center will not perform elective surgeries until further notice
- Circuit Court Clerk’s driver’s licensing services suspended
- Warren RECC suspends disconnections, closes lobbies
- Sheriff Norman Chaffins releases video detailing adjustments in how his office serves citizens
March 17, 2020
- Judge-Executive Kevin Henderson declares State of Emergency in Grayson Co.
- Beshear orders ‘public-facing businesses’ to stop all ‘in-person operations’
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center allowing no visitors (with 3 exceptions), people allowed to enter must undergo screening
- Grayson County Clerk’s Office closes to public until further notice
- COVID-19 cases in Kentucky continue to slowly climb
- Grayson County Alliance alters schedule, procedures
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers close recreational areas
- Social Security offices closed to the public for in-person service
- LG&E, KU and ODP expand suspension of disconnects to business customers
March 16, 2020
- 2020 Primary Election postponed until late June
- ALERT: Local officials to hold live press conference Tuesday to explain resources available to county residents during COVID-19 outbreak
- Grayson County Water District relates steps to be taken if COVID-19 progresses
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center CEO offers sobering prediction on spread of COVID-19 if the virus isn’t taken seriously
- Grayson County government creates COVID-19 website to answer questions, provide resources
- Grayson County Schools providing meals at four area schools, 26 pick-up locations
- Kentucky now has 21 COVID-19 cases, social distancing imperative
- LG&E, KU and ODP suspend residential disconnects; waive new late payment fees; Company will work with customers having payment issues
- Gov. Beshear takes steps to try to prevent spread of COVID-19; Ky experiences first COVID-19 death
March 14, 2020
March 13, 2020
- Leitchfield PD temporarily changes some standard operating procedures out of COVID-19 concerns
- Grayson County Detention Center taking several steps to protect inmates, staff from COVID-19
- Kentucky court system mostly shutting down for nearly a month
- Three more cases of coronavirus diagnosed in Kentucky
- Gov. Beshear Taking Aggressive Action in Response to COVID-19
- Grayson County Detention Center suspending community work programs
- KHSAA institutes mandatory dead period; canceling GCHS spring sports until April 13
March 12, 2020
- Grayson County Schools to close beginning Monday, March 16
- Twin Lakes Regional Medical Center imposes visitor limitations
- Beshear urges Kentuckians to avoid large crowds, recommends canceling church services
March 11, 2020
March 10, 2020
- Grayson Co. School District responds to coronavirus concerns
- Sixth person in Kentucky diagnosed with coronavirus
March 9, 2020